Local food court offers chef-driven food, lively atmosphere and entertainment in North Dallas
(DALLAS) – Urban8, North Texas’ newest dining and entertainment destination, is set to open its first location in The Colony, Spring 2018. Situated off of Sam Rayburn Tollway and Blair Oaks Drive, the free-standing food court will serve a variety of chef-driven, healthier dining options at an affordable price. This location is the first of several set to open in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
Urban8 is comprised of eight individual restaurants and one chic bar under one roof, offering a wide range of food and drink options. Unlike the chain restaurants generally offered in food courts within malls or airports, Urban8’s dining options are completely original and will consist of wholesome menu items with some healthier offerings from local chefs.
STIR, which stands for “stories that I remember,” is Urban8’s book-themed bar and will serve local craft beer, stellar wines and hand crafted cocktails derived from classic stories and amazing authors. STIR will be a destination for viewing sporting events, listening to live bands or catching up with friends over happy hour.
“Food courts are a nostalgic concept many have grown up with over the years, but there are some negative stigmas associated with them,” said Stanley Rose, founder and owner of Urban8. “While Urban8 will keep the most important food court variable alive – variety – we will also provide exceptional customer service, high caliber food and a lively atmosphere. With this concept, we are truly reinventing the local food court.”
The Colony location is 8,500 square feet and will seat 290 guests in the relaxed and inviting dining area, including an outdoor patio. The eight restaurants within Urban8 will consist of the following:
- Beyond the Box – a local sandwich shop that uses only fresh and organic ingredients.
- Burger Craft – a fast casual dining destination featuring their own proprietary blend of 100 percent grass-fed beef and layering in farm-to-table food products.
- Firewheel Coffee – a laid back, organic coffee shop serving gourmet espresso beverages and snacks.
- Monster Yogurt – a family-friendly yogurt and ice cream parlor with more than 80 premium self-serve options.
- Rustic Flats – a fast casual Italian restaurant with a focus on creating artisan flatbread pizzas using farm-to-table ingredients.
- STIR – a book-themed bar serving a variety of hand crafted cocktails, local craft beer and stellar wine.
- Sushi Q – a traditional Japanese eatery with a focus on sushi and dishes made with the freshest fish available.
- Taco Cielo – a Tex/Mex restaurant serving classic and traditional dishes made from scratch and homemade guacamole.
- Pho Corner – a casual Vietnamese restaurant specializing in Pho and a variety of traditional Vietnamese dishes.
In addition to the chef-driven menu items at each of the restaurants, the contemporary design of Urban8 will create a versatile environment for any occasion. With a stage located within, Urban8 guests can expect entertainment options like live music, open mic nights, art shows and more throughout the week.
Urban8 will be just north of Sam Rayburn Tollway, located at 5265 State Hwy 121 and surrounded by many other recognized businesses, including Dallas Craft Co, Topgolf, The Colony Five Star Sporting Complex and Spec’s.
For more information about Urban8 and to view updates on the progress of construction, visit www.urban8food.com, as well as the Urban8 Facebook page.
Urban8 is a free-standing, local food court with a passion for serving chef-driven, healthier dining options. With eight restaurants and a bar under one roof, Urban8 provides a wide variety of wholesome cuisine that will satisfy all cravings at an affordable price. In addition to the original, high caliber menu items at each of the restaurants, Urban8 offers a unique, casual atmosphere with entertainment throughout the week. Urban8 is reinventing the local food court. For more information, visit www.urban8food.com.